Located in the Sambirano Valley, near Ambanja, in the North-West of Madagascar, Bertil Åkesson’s estate spreads over about 2000 ha and is divided into smaller plantations like this Ambolikapiky. Since 1920, these farms produce world-famous aromatic cocoa and today most of the top chefs and chocolate makers around the world use cocoa from this estate.
This chocolate has a very expressive cocoa aroma with subtle fruity-sweet tartness and pleasant flavor notes that evoke citrus and red berries. We combined it with the finest and rarest pepper, the voatsiperifery from Madagascar, whose earthy and woody taste is completed by intense flowery aromas bringing freshness to the palate.
- 2016, Academy of Chocolate: GOLD
- 2015, Great Taste: GOLD 3 stars
- 2015, International Chocolate Awards: GOLD
- 2015, Academy of Chocolate, Best Flavoured Bar: GOLD
- 2014, International Chocolate Awards European: GOLD
- 2013-14, Academy of Chocolate, Best Flavoured Bar: GOLD
- 2012, International Chocolate Awards, Best Organic Bar: GOLD
- 2012, international Chocolate Awards, Best Flavoured Bar: SILVER