Located in the Sambirano Valley, near Ambanja, in the North-West of Madagascar, Bertil Åkesson’s estate spreads over about 2000 ha and is divided into smaller plantations like this Ambolikapiky. Since 1920, these farms produce world-famous aromatic cocoa and spices. In fact, our specially selected peper vines grow on the shade trees protecting the cocoa trees from the sun. We united these two exquisite products to make this fine spicy chocolate. In this subtle combination, the-fruity sweet tartness of the cocoa and its pleasant flavor that evoke red berries collide with warm notes of pine kernel and fresh hints of green fruits that are so characteristic of Madagascar black pepper.
- 2016, Academy of Chocolate: BRONZE
- 2015, British International Chocolate Awards: SILVER
- 2014, Great Taste: GOLD 1 star
- 2013-14, Academy of Chocolate, Best Dark Flavoured Bar: SILVER
- 2013, International Chocolate Awards, Best Flavoured Bar: GOLD